Walk the Walk on May 17th!
Into Action Treatment Taking Part in Walk to Support Mothers of Addicted Children
Suffering in silence. Many parents and family members of those with addictions have done this. On May 17th, 2014, Into Action Treatment will be taking part in Steps of Hope-Sharing Without Shame, walking a supportive mile in the shoes of families who have suffered in silence, and felt the unfair and unreasonable stigma associated with the disease of addiction.
This empowering walk is organized by The Addict’s Mom, a national organization that reaches out to families, particularly mother’s, who have a child with an addiction. Sharing sorrows, victories and struggles, The Addict’s Mom encourages families dealing with addictions to share without shame, and without blame.
Into Action Treatment encourages those who care about families dealing with addictions, and those who are experiencing these struggles personally, to join us in walking for this important cause. Steps of Hope starts at 10:00 with an impressive panel of speakers, followed by a one mile walk.
- Davie Town Hall, 6591 Orange Drive, Davie, Florida, 33341 (Parking available at Davie Town Hall)
- 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM Saturday, May 17th, 2014
- Walk begins after conclusion of guest speakers
- Keynote by Julie Chaikin Hogan, Deputy Statewide Prosecutor
- Testimony of Hope by Peter Montalbano, son of the founder of The Addict’s Mom
- Empowering Testimonials from Addict’s Moms
- Blanket to sit on during speaker presentations
- Water bottle and walking shoes
The Addict’s Mom encourages coping and connecting. Originally this organization relied on social networking among just a few individuals who needed a way to share the pain of addiction in the family. The Addict’s Mom now has chapters across the nation, and resources, support groups and help referrals are part of the mission. They have even developed a Pinterest group to provide ongoing support and sharing.
No mother should be alone in their pain,
Into Action Treatment is proud to be a part of Steps of Hope
in support of The Addict’s Mom.